A country that is rich in culture and history –Turkey, is located at a point where the three continents, Europe, Asia, and Africa are the closest to each other. It is at the juncture of Asia and Europe and because of this, has witnessed diversity in culture through the ages. It is a modern country in the ancient world.
The southern part of Turkey is popular for tourists in summer months, while the northern and central regions of Turkey get many visitors in winter because of their cultural heritage and a host of sports and tourist facilities available.
Type of Turkey Visa
Can US citizens travel to Turkey?
The answer is yes, everybody is allowed to go to Turkey. If you are an American citizen, you’ll need a visa for you to travel to Turkey before you travel there. There is no visa on arrival system for American citizens. You must apply for the visa online before you travel. It is a tourist eVisa that will be issued.
Remember that this visa is for tourism or business only, you cannot work on this visa.
How long is the eVisa valid for?
You will be allowed to stay for a maximum of 90 days in Turkey using the tourist eVisa, within 180 days from the date of application. In case you want to stay beyond the 90 days, you must apply for a residence permit.
Required Documents for eVisa
Before you apply for the eVisa, you should get your documentation ready. You will need the following:
- A valid passport: The passport should be valid for at least 60 days after the duration of stay of your eVisa.
- A scanned copy of the passport: You need a scanned copy of the information page of your passport.
- A valid e-mail address: Your e-visa will be sent to you via email, so you need a working e-mail address.
How to Apply?
To apply for an e-visa, here is what you have to do:
- Go to the official e-visa website for Turkey.
- Select your country to be “USA.” The Travel document field displays a standard US passport by default.
- Complete the captcha step.
- Enter the date you wish to arrive in Turkey. This date must be at least three months from your date of application.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Enter all relevant details as per the fields displayed like name, passport number, address details, and so on.
- Verify the information in the pop-up window.
- Submit it. You will receive an email confirming receipt of application. Click on the link in the email.
- Pay the fees as specified. Once your credit card is verified, you should receive your e-visa decision immediately.
The visa process for Turkey is a simple and speedy one, and with a little bit of planning, going to Turkey should be a smooth process. Start making your travel itinerary and apply for an eVisa to enjoy some quality vacation time in the potpourri of human civilization that is Turkey.