Every U.S citizen who wants to visit Turkey either for work or pleasure needs to apply for an online visa named Turkish eVisa. Turkish visa is an authorization document linked to visitors passport that allows a visitor to enter Turkey. Turkish visa for US citizens allows staying of a maximum 90 days in Turkey, with a window of 180 days from when the application for eVisa is submitted.
eVisa is a tourist visa, it is strictly limited to business or tourism, seeking paid work or employment is strictly forbidden with eVisa.
Documents that U.S citizens are needed to apply for Turkish eVisa are:
- Valid passport. The passport needs to have an expiration date at least 60 days beyond the duration of stay of eVisa.
- Make sure to secure and link eVisa before departure because it is not possible to enter Turkey in any other way.
- A passport scan. You need to upload the passport page that contains your photo and personal details. The best option is to take a photo of a passport with a smartphone and send to the unique email address generated in the upload page.
- E-mail address – eVisa will be sent to you via email, so it is very important to provide a valid e-mail address.
- Supporting documents. Some nationalities ( you can check in application page which) require supporting documents such as visa or residence permit from Schengen, US, UK or Ireland.- Means of payment.
Multiple methods of payments are acceptable, such as credit card, debit cards or PayPal
Processing times and prices There are three options when it comes to processing time and that is what determined the cost of an electronic visa.
Standard processing – Visa application is processed within 24 hours.
Rush processing – Visa application is processed within 4 hours.
Super rush processing – This is the fastest option, a tourist visa is processed within 30 minutes.
Turkish visa for US citizens ( eVisa) is issued electronically by the Ministry of Foreign affairs of the Republic of Turkey. You need less than 10 minutes to submit an application for Turkey tourist visa.
The application is very easy and you only need to follow two easy steps:
Step 1– fill your general information and processing time you want.
Step 2– revise step one and make the payment.
It is recommended to buy a Turkish eVisa at least one week before the journey. When the application is done, you will receive a tourist eVisa by email. There is no need to deal with the embassy. Print and present eVisa along with a passport when you enter into Turkey.
eVisa allows you multiple entries
Every foreign citizen needs eVisa to enter Turkey, so the kids also need eVisa. If you want to extend your stay in Turkey for more than the duration of eVisa, you need to apply at the local Police station for permission to stay longer.
If you stay over the duration of your Turkey eVisa, you may be fined, banned from any future visit to Turkey or get deported.